What if I told you that you could make your own chocolate cake with only 3 ingredients? You might not believe me, but it’s completely true! With only 3 simple ingredients, you can make a delicious chocolate cake whenever the craving hits you.
This flourless chocolate cake looks a bit different to more complicated chocolate cake recipes, but the taste is the same. Its deep chocolatey flavor will make you forget that it only has 3 ingredients!
Enjoy this delicious flourless chocolate cake recipe for any celebration. Or, just when you have a strong craving. It’s such a simple recipe. You can enjoy it any time.
How to make this rich flourless chocolate cake
In a large mixing bowl, add in the eggs and whip for 8 to 10 minutes. Or, until the beaten eggs hold their shape.
Toss the chocolate chips and butter into a microwave-safe bowl. Heat the mix in the microwave in bursts of 30 seconds. After each interval, remove the bowl from the microwave and mix the ingredients together. Keep doing this until the chocolate melts. It usually takes around 1 minute and 30 seconds, but may or may not take longer depending on your microwave.
Start off by preheating your oven to 350°F, and grease and line a cake loaf pan (6-inch round pan used in this recipe).
Carefully add in about 2 tablespoons of the egg mixture into the melted chocolate. Using a rubber spatula, fold the whipped eggs into the chocolate. Keep adding the eggs in until everything is fully combined. Be cautious at this stage as you want to keep the airiness off the whipped eggs in the cake.
Once everything is well mixed, pour the cake batter into the pan and bake at 350°F for around 45 minutes. To check the doneness, prick the cake in the middle with a toothpick and see that it comes out clean.
Take the cake out of the oven and let it cool completely. Once cooled, take it out of the pan and enjoy!
- 6 eggs
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease and line the round cake pan.
- Crack the eggs, and add them to a mixing bowl. Mix for about 10 minutes, or until the beaten eggs hold their shape.
- Put the chocolate chips and butter into a microwave-safe bowl. Heat them in the microwave in 30-second intervals, mixing each round. Repeat this step until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Carefully fold in about 2 tablespoons of the whipped eggs into the melted chocolate. Repeat until all the eggs are combined. Make sure there are no streaks of eggs.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and bake in the oven for about 45 minutes at 350F.
- Remove from the oven, and let it cool in the baking pan.
- Once cooled, serve, and enjoy!
Serving Size:1 Amount Per Serving: Calories: 334Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 162mgSodium: 59mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 3gSugar: 23gProtein: 7g
Chocolate cake doesn’t have to be complicated to be delicious! Try this simple 3-ingredient, flourless chocolate cake. You’ll see that desserts can be easy.
Looking for more easy dessert recipes? You may enjoy: