An easy, 3-ingredient lasagna?
That probably sounds impossible, but with the help of a slow cooker, it is completely possible.
Lasagna is an exquisite combination of rich tomato sauce and creamy ricotta cheese. With only 15 minutes of preparation and a few hours in the slow cooker, you have a delicious lasagna!
It is a simple lasagna recipe, but you can easily build upon it with extra herbs and spices if you like.
Whichever method you use to cook your lasagna, you will end up with a great meal. You can make a large portion of lasagna, and have multiple meals for the week – a delightful meal prep recipe!
Let’s get into the recipe!
How To Make This Scrumptious Lasagna
There are a few tips on how to make this lasagna easy. The best thing to do is buy lasagna noodles that don’t need to be boiled and bottled pasta sauce. This will save you cooking and preparation time for the slow cooker lasagna.
Spray your slow cooker with oil to prevent sticking, and pour a cup of the pasta sauce in the slow cooker. Cover the sauce with the lasagna noodles, and start the layering process. The process will go as follows: sauce, noodles, ricotta cheese, a bit of sauce, and repeat.
You should repeat the cycle around 3 times, depending on how much sauce and cheese you like in your lasagna. The top layer should be sauce, and optionally some parmesan cheese.
Cover the slow cooker and cook it low and slow for 4 to 6 hours, or on high heat for 2 to 3 hours.
After it cooks, let it cool down for about 30 minutes so that it can solidify and not become lasagna soup! Slice up and serve them warm, rich lasagna.
- 9 ounces no-boil lasagna noodles
- 48 ounces tomato basil pasta sauce (About one bottle)
- 32 ounces ricotta cheese
- Grease the bottom of the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Pour 1 cup of your favorite tomato sauce into the cooker.
- Cover the sauce with the no-boil pasta.
- Add ¾ of ricotta cheese on top of the pasta, and pour about ½ a cup of sauce onto the cheese.
- Cover with another layer of no-boil lasagna noodles. And repeat the cycle about 3 times.
- Finish the last layer with a cup of sauce, and optionally cover with parmesan cheese.
- Place the cover on the slow cooker and cook on low heat for up to 6 hours, or on high heat for up to 3 hours.
- Leave to cool and rest for about 30 minutes.
Serving Size:1 Amount Per Serving: Calories: 164Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 129mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 11g
With a short preparation time and 3 easy to find ingredients, you can make a delicious lasagna. A meal that can feed a whole family, and have leftovers for the next day! Have it with a bit of salad to make it healthy, or eat it as is. You will love having this easy recipe on hand for even your busiest days.
Need more simple dinner recipes? Try these out!