If you love cookies that come together in a snap, then you’re going to love this 3-ingredient sugar cookies recipe.
These quick and easy sugar cookies are made with just 3-ingredients: flour, sugar, and butter. Just those ingredients you always have in your kitchen pantry.
With such classic ingredients, these simple cookies will just reminiscence your childhood.
They are sweet, buttery, and simply delicious.
These sugar cookies are also perfect holiday cookies you can use to decorate with icing.
If you are feeling fancy, there are many add-ons you can also incorporate to make them as elaborate as you want.
- Vanilla extract
- Lemon zest
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Chocolate chips
- Sprinkles, to top
If you are a minimalist like me, go for the basic, 3-ingredient version.
And I can almost guarantee you have all three of them in your kitchen.
- 8 tbsp butter salted butter softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugar and beat using an electronic mixer until fluffy. Shift and stir in the flour and mix using a spatula.
- Take a spoon and drop it on the cookie sheet. Keep a two-inch distance between the cookies to allow some spreading.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the edges turn golden. Remove from the oven and cool them on a cooling rack.
- For some festivities, decorate them using some icing!