Oatmeal cookies are absolutely delicious! They are the perfect snack to enjoy with a nice cup of coffee or tea. But, a good 3-ingredient oatmeal cookie is hard to come by. This 3-ingredient recipe is going to change that th
Oatmeal cookies are absolutely delicious! They are the perfect snack to enjoy with a nice cup of coffee or tea. But, a good 3-ingredient oatmeal cookie is hard to come by. This 3-ingredient recipe is going to change that though.
With only 3 ingredients, these oatmeal cookies are chewy, sugary, and delightful. By using tahini, you get all the creaminess and richness that would come from butter and eggs. It is an all-in-one kind of ingredient.
These 3-ingredient oatmeal cookies are super easy to make. Toss everything in a bowl, scoop, flatten, and bake. Better yet, they are vegan-friendly! So, all your friends and family can enjoy a bite of these lovely cookies.
How To Make Scrumptious 3 Ingredient Oatmeal Cookies
Preheat your oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Mix the oats, sugar, and salt in a bowl. It’s best to use your hands to mix at this step so that you can break up any lumps in the sugar. Brown sugar tends to get a bit lumpy, so you can also sieve it before combining as well.
Pour in the tahini and cold water, and stir until well combined. The oatmeal batter should stick together when formed into a ball. With a tablespoon, or ice cream scoop, spoon balls of dough onto the lined baking sheets. Using your hand or a glass cup, gently press down on the balls until they are about 2 inches wide.
Place the cookies into the oven and bake for 6 minutes. Turn the baking sheet around and bake for another 6 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown. They may look uncooked by the end of baking, but they continue to cook while resting.
Take them out of the oven and let the oatmeal cookies cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a cooling tray to continue resting until they are fully cooled.
Enjoy with your favorite cup of coffee or tea!
- 1 1/2 C rolled oats
- 3/4 C light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 C well-stirred tahini
- 2 tbsp water (cold)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Use parchment paper to line 2 baking sheets.
- Combine the oats, brown sugar, and salt in a bowl. Sieve the brown sugar before mixing it in, or use your hands to break up any clumps. Pour in the tahini and cold water. Stir the mixture until the dough sticks together.
- Scoop about a tablespoon's worth of dough onto the baking sheet. You should have about 8 cookies on each tray. Use your hand or a glass cup to press the cookies down a bit. Make sure not to make them too thin or too thick. Keep their diameter at around 2 inches.
- Place the cookies into the oven and bake them for 6 minutes. Turn them around halfway, then bake for another 6 minutes. Or, until the cookies’ edges are nice and golden.
- Take them out of the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. Then place them on a cooling tray to cool completely.
- Serve with a cup of coffee, tea, or even oat milk!
Serving Size:1 Amount Per Serving: Calories: 127Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 79mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 3g
Sweet treats don’t have to be complicated to be delicious! Try these easy 3-ingredient oatmeal cookies and see just how easy dessert can be. For more simple dessert recipes try these: