With the warm Spring months approaching, grilling sessions are on their way back. Let’s be honest, there is nothing more quintessential in the grilling world than some buffalo grilled chicken wings.
With my simple 3-ingredient buffalo grilled chicken wings recipe, you’ll be the star of the family cookout. Even though there’s only 3 ingredients, these chicken wings are full of flavor. They’re the perfect blend of spicy, sweet, and zesty. You simply won’t get enough of these 3-ingredient chicken wings.
Don’t like wings? No worries! This 3-ingredient recipe works just as well for thighs, breasts, or drumsticks. The cooking time will differ, but the sauce will be the same.
Let’s get into the recipe!
How to make these spectacular buffalo chicken wings
Start off by drying the chicken wings with a paper towel. This will make the chicken skin much crispier. Place the dried wings into a bowl, and cover them in oil, salt, and pepper.
Moving to the stove, melt some butter in a pot. Once it’s melted, take it off the stove and mix in your hot sauce of choice. I use Frank’s Red Hot, but you can use any you like. When the sauce is ready, keep it stored in a warm space.
Time to start grilling! Set your grill to have two sections – half medium heat, half medium-high heat. Start by grilling the wings over the medium heat section, flipping the wings on occasion. They’ll grill for about 12 minutes, or when they’re starting to look brown.
Start grilling these wings on the medium-high zone to cook them further and crisp the skin. If you notice the wings starting to burn, move them back to the medium-heat section.
Right before taking them off the grill, brush the wings with some of the sauce and grill for another minute. Check the wings have been cooked through with a meat thermometer. The meatiest part of the wing should be at 165¬∞F.
Take the wings off the grill and mix them with the rest of the sauce. Now your wings are ready to eat!
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup hot sauce of choice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Dry the chicken wings with a paper towel. Mix them with oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter in a pot on medium heat. Once melted, remove from the stove and add in hot sauce.
- Have two grill zones ready - one medium heat, one medium-high heat.
- Grill wings over medium heat for about 12 minutes, or when starting to look brown.
- Cook the wings in the medium-high heat zone until finished cooking. Use a meat thermometer to measure the wings' temperature. It should read 165¬∞F. If the wings start to burn, move it back to medium heat.
- Brush the wings with a bit of the sauce and grill for another minute.
- Remove the wings from the grill, and place them into a bowl. Cover the wings in the sauce, season to taste, and enjoy!
Serving Size:1 Amount Per Serving: Calories: 879Total Fat: 70gSaturated Fat: 27gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 38gCholesterol: 216mgSodium: 1427mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 39g
There is no better way to enjoy the upcoming Spring and Summer season than with a grill session. Make these delicious 3-ingredient chicken wings, and become your family’s grill master!
If you’re wondering what to pair the wings with, try some of these recipes: