These dark chocolate peanut butter banana bites are a quite magical snack. They are tasty, healthy desserts you can enjoy mid-day or even after dinner without the guilt.
This bite-size banana snack has the perfect balance of bitterness, sweetness, and saltiness. It’s the trio of flavors that gets you obsessed with it after the first bite.
Each bite is totally satisfying and wonderfully delicious. Whether you are craving a salty snack or a healthy sweet, these are perfect.
Keep them frozen, they are delicious alternatives to sugary ice cream and ice pops.
What’s more, they are super easy to make and require only 3 ingredients.
This is simply a great make-ahead snack option that’s quick, easy, and low-calorie.
If you are following a certain diet, this snack can be made gluten-free, vegan, and dairy-free.
Ready to get your taste buds feeling refreshed all day?
Let’s get started!
These banana bites are super easy to make, most especially around friends and kids.
If you are looking for easy recipes for kids to make, these are the great ones for little hands.
Things could get messy, but don’t worry – after all, it’s just chocolate, banana, and peanut butter.
How To Make Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites
Making these frozen covered chocolate bananas peanut butter bites couldn’t be any simpler. All you need is three simple ingredients to make these delicious healthy treats.
- 1 large fresh banana – sliced into 1-inch
- 1/4 cup tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Peel your banana and cut them into slices. You need 10-12 slices total.
- On a baking sheet, spread parchment paper and line up half the banana slices with some space in between.
- Spread about 1/2 tablespoon of peanut butter on each slice. Cover them with the remaining slices to make sandwiches. Free them in the freezer for an hour or until they become frozen.
- Add the chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave it for a few minutes until it's melted. You may want to check on the chocolate every minute to avoid burning it. Stir it to keep it smooth without chunks.
- Remove the banana bites from the freezer and cover each bite in chocolate. You can use a spoon to scoop up chocolate and cover it or you can dunk each bite into the chocolate and pick it up with a fork. Line them up on the sheet and put them back in the freezer for another hour.
- When they're nicely frozen, take them out and enjoy!
If you are allergic to peanut butter, you can also use cashew butter, almond butter, or seed butter.
For those who prefer to make it dairy-free or vegan, be sure to choose dark chocolate that's free of dairy. Choose vegan brands instead.
If you are looking for an icy, cold snack that’s nutritious, healthy, and delicious, these are it! I love having dozens of them in the freezer at all times to fill my sweet tooth. Fiber from the bananas and protein from the peanut butter also keep you full and satisfied too.
They are the perfect healthy snacks for kids and they can take a part in making them too.