After a long day of work, cooking is the last thing you want to do.
All you want to do is order some quick food from Door Dash or Postmates. But do you want to pay for that large delivery fee? Why not make this delicious three-ingredient teriyaki chicken recipe instead?
It’s only three ingredients and is super quick to make. Each ingredient is easy to get, and you likely already have them in your pantry.
Teriyaki chicken is the perfect blend of sweet, salty, and is full of protein.
Serve this three-ingredient teriyaki chicken with rice, noodles, a salad, or eat it as-is! There are so many ways to enjoy this recipe, that you’ll be glad you didn’t order food delivery.
Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
- 4 cups chicken breast (chopped)
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- ⅔ cup soy sauce
- Cut up the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Add oil to a pan over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the chicken into the pan. Cook the chicken for around 10-12 minutes, turning the pieces occasionally. Cook until the outside is brown and it is completely cooked inside.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken from the pan and set it aside. Add the brown sugar and soy sauce into the same pan at medium heat.
- Stir the sugar and soy sauce for five minutes continuously until it thickens.
- When the sauce has thickened, add the chicken back into the pan and coat the chicken thoroughly.
- Serve the teriyaki chicken with whatever side you want, or by itself! Enjoy!
If you want to add a little something extra to the dish, garnish the teriyaki chicken with some sesame seeds.
Add some veggies to the dish when stir-frying the chicken to make teriyaki vegetables.
For the spice lover, add some sriracha to kick it up a notch.
You can use the whole chicken breast if you like, but it may take longer to cook through.
Other parts of the chicken can be used, but be mindful when cooking and make sure it's cooked.
Cooking doesn’t have to be a chore. In under 35 minutes, you can enjoy a delicious, filling meal with only three ingredients. Not only is it a simple teriyaki chicken recipe, it’s packed with flavor. The recipe may be three ingredients, but that doesn’t mean it has to taste like it!
Every saucy bite of teriyaki chicken will make you so glad you decided to cook for yourself. Pair it with whatever you like for a larger meal, or have it as is for those extra lazy days.
Let me know in the comments how you enjoyed this recipe. And if you liked this one, try some of my other three-ingredient recipes. I promise you, they’re all just as delicious.