Give your grilled chicken, shrimp, and veggies a boost of flavor with this lemon honey sauce.
It’s also a quick and easy recipe to prepare, taking less than 10 minutes. It’s failproof and you can make a large batch ahead of time.
It’s one sauce you want in your fridge to speed up your weeknight dinners or to elevate your weekend lunch.
Fresh Lemon Juice Vs Bottled Lemon Juice
We recommend using fresh lemon juice for freshness and its health benefits.
Not only that, fresh lemon juice is more fragrant and nuanced. It gives this sauce a bright citrusy flavor that complements the sweetness of honey perfectly.
Bottled lemon juice tends to be more acidic than fresh lemon juice.
If you are using bottled lemon juice, start with 1/4 cup instead of 1/2 cup. Adjust to taste.
Lemon Honey Sauce Recipe
This simple and classic lemon honey sauce is the perfect sweet and sour sauce for grilled chicken, shrimp, or veggies.
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 large lemons
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (OPTIONAL)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (OPTIONAL)
- Mince four garlic cloves. Juice four large lemons and measure out half a cup of juice. Preserve any leftover juice for another use.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Bring the lemon juice and 1/2 cup honey to a simmer. Simmer until the sauce is smooth and slightly thickened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Season with 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Remove it from the heat and let it cool completely. (Sauce will thicken slightly when cooled.)
Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.