Green bean casserole is a delicious side dish that is creamy, crunchy, and rich! Most of us eat it during Thanksgiving, but it is time for us to bring the casserole into the non-holiday season.
With its different textures and flavors, green bean casserole may look a bit intimidating. But, this 3-ingredient casserole recipe makes it super easy to make. The recipe uses some canned ingredients, but with a bit of love and care, it tastes like it was made from scratch.
With 3 ingredients, you can have a delightful green bean casserole without all the hassle. One bite of this simple casserole recipe will convert any green bean hater!
How to make a creamy and crunchy green bean casserole
This 3-ingredient green bean casserole recipe is so easy to make! You really just mix the ingredients together and bake it.
The biggest tip I have when making this recipe is to only use about ⅔ of the fried onions in the casserole mix. The rest of the fried onions should be added to the top of the green bean casserole at the end of baking. This will give the dish a nice bit of crunch.
When you are done mixing the ingredients together, bake it in the oven for 45 minutes at 350F. Sprinkle on some fried onions, and your casserole is ready to go.
If you want the fried onions to have a more caramelized taste, put the casserole into the oven for a few minutes. This step is optional, but your casserole will taste better if you follow this step.
- 4 cans of green beans (drained)
- 1 large-sized can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 French fried onion (6 ounces)
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Drain and rinse the canned green beans. Combine the drained green beans, the mushroom soup, and ⅔ of the fried onions in a large mixing bowl. You can add more or less fried onions depending on your preference.
- Pour the mix into a baking dish. Both square and oval baking dishes work for this recipe.
- Place the baking dish into the oven at 350F for 45 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven and top it with the remaining fried onions.
- Optionally, bake for another few minutes to brown the fried onions.
- Serve hot with your favorite main dish!
Serving Size:1 Amount Per Serving: Calories: 52Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 195mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 2g
Green bean casserole is an awesome side dish that works for any meal – not just Thanksgiving. With 3 simple ingredients, you can enjoy this creamy side dish at any time. Give it a try and let us know how you enjoyed it.
Looking for more 3-ingredient side dishes? Try these!