Egg-fried rice is one of the best quick recipes to have in your back pocket. With only 3 ingredients and 5 minutes, you can have a whole meal ready! What could be better than that?
This 3-ingredient fried rice is packed with protein from the eggs for a fulfilling meal. But, you can always add more vegetables or meat.
What I love most about this simple egg-fried rice recipe is that it uses leftover rice. If you have a ton of leftovers in your fridge, fried rice is the perfect way to use them up. No more food waste in your kitchen!
How To Make Egg Fried Rice
This recipe is super easy to make and only takes a few steps.
Use a fork or chopsticks to beat the eggs together until there are no streaks. Mix in a bit of salt to give the eggs some flavor.
Get your day-old rice and break it down a little, so there are no lumps of rice in the fried rice. Set the ingredients aside, and heat a wok on high heat. You want the wok to get nice and hot!
Add about a tablespoon of oil into the wok and carefully swirl it around to coat the wok. Put the eggs in the wok and cook them until they are just about done. Pour about 2 tablespoons of oil into the wok and add in the rice. Any rice works in this recipe, as long as it’s nice and dry. Fresh rice won’t work as well as fried rice.
Mix the rice and eggs together in the wok. Once it’s all nice and mixed, pour the soy sauce on the wok’s edge. The soy sauce should provide enough saltiness, but you can add more salt if you like. Reduce the heat and fully combine all the ingredients.
If you want to add in some sliced green onions, remove the wok from the heat and add them in.
- 3 tbsp neutral-flavored oil
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups cold, day-old rice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Green onions (optional)
- Beat eggs until there are no streaks with a pinch of salt. Break down the day-old rice.
- Heat your wok on high heat. Coat the wok with 1 tbsp of oil.
- Add the eggs into the hot wok and scramble.
- Once the eggs are almost cooked, add the rest of the oil. Add in the rice and mix the two ingredients.
- Pour soy sauce on the wok’s edge. If you’d like more salt, you can add salt to taste.
- Lower the heat and mix all the ingredients until well combined.
- Garnish with green onions or sesame seeds if you would like.
Serving Size:1 Amount Per Serving: Calories: 375Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 513mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 11g
Egg fried rice is an awesome 3-ingredient recipe that will save you on your busiest of days. It’s delicious, nutritious, and versatile. A true all-in-one recipe! Enjoy egg-fried rice as a main dish or as aside.
Try some of my other deliciously simple side recipes like: