Crispy smashed potatoes is an amazing potato recipe, it’s crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside. It’s a simple recipe (nothing fussy or difficult).
And there’s no better way to cook really good potatoes than this crispy mashed potato recipe, especially sweet little baby potatoes, which can be so tender and flavorful.
Health Benefits of Crispy Smashed Potatoes
Potatoes are high in fiber, which helps aid weight loss by keeping you filled for longer. The following are some of the health benefits:
- Improve Digestive Health: Potato fiber is a type known as “resistant starch,” which has the health benefits of both soluble and insoluble fiber and produces less gas than other fiber types. Potato resistant starch, like soluble fiber, acts as a prebiotic, or food for good bacteria in the large intestine, which improves gut health. Just like insoluble fiber, it can help prevent or treat constipation and irritable bowel syndrome.
- Prevent Diseases: Potatoes contain fiber which can help prevent heart disease by keeping cholesterol and blood sugar levels in check. Potatoes are also high in antioxidants, which help to prevent diseases, as well as vitamins, which aid in proper body function. Eating a diet rich in antioxidant-rich fruits and vegetables can help reduce the risk of heart diseases and cancer.
For centuries, garlic has been a staple in kitchens. It has curative and medicinal properties due to its antibacterial and antiseptic properties.
- Cardiac Health Benefits: Allicin, a compound found in garlic, prevents LDL from oxidizing (bad cholesterol). This helps to lower cholesterol and improve heart health. Garlic consumption helps to prevent thromboembolism by reducing the incidence of blood clots.
- Enhances Brain Health: Garlic’s antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties help to keep the brain healthy. It has been shown to be effective in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Enhances Digestion: The addition of garlic to one’s diet can help with digestive issues. It is good for the intestines and helps reduce inflammation. Eating garlic can help clear intestinal worms. The good news is that it kills harmful bacteria while protecting beneficial bacteria in the gut.
- Immunity Booster: Garlic shields the body from free radicals and prevents DNA damage. Garlic contains zinc, which helps to boost immunity. Vitamin C aids in the fight against infections. Its antimicrobial properties make it ideal for treating eye and ear infections.
- Improve Skin Health: Garlic aids in the prevention of acne and the lightening of acne scars. Garlic juice can help with cold sores, psoriasis, rashes, and blisters, among other things. It also protects against UV rays, which slows down the aging process.
- 1 lb Baby potatoes
- 1 tsp powdered garlic
- 2 tbsp fresh herbs (parsley, dill, and chives)
- 1 tbsp salt + 1tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Boil the baby potatoes.
- Drain them and allow them to dry out.
- Place them on a baking sheet that has been oiled.
- Using the bottom of a glass, gently press down on the potatoes until they are mashed.
- Finish the mashed potatoes with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and garlic.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and bake for 25 minutes.
- Enjoy your meal!