All my smoothie recipes are quite simple, but this one takes the cake. This 2-ingredient banana smoothie is perfect for those lazy days. There is little to no prep for this smoothie, and you can enjoy it at any time of day.
The combination of banana and orange juice works incredibly in this healthy smoothie recipe. By adding orange juice, you not only add vitamin C, but also a citrus kick. The tang of the juice helps to balance out the sweetness of the banana.
Since both orange juice and bananas are quite sweet, there is no extra sugar in the recipe. But, you can add a bit of sweetener at the end if you want to.
Whether you are running late for work, or just don’t feel like cooking, this banana smoothie will come in handy. So, take 2 minutes of your day to make this wonderful drink! You will not regret it.
How to make this nutritious banana smoothie
No prep is needed for this banana smoothie at all!
Toss the peeled bananas and orange juice into the blender and blend. That’s it!
It truly is a simple recipe, right? Sometimes the most delicious foods are
- 2 fresh or frozen bananas
- 1-2 cups of orange juice
- 1 cup ice (optional)
- Add the ingredients into a blender. You can break up the bananas for a quicker time blending.
- Blend until it reaches your desired consistency.
This recipe uses fresh bananas, but you can use frozen bananas as well.
- If you want a cold smoothie, you can add ice cubes into the blender. It is a great way to cool down during the hot summer months.
- For an extra nutritional boost, add some flaxseed or nutritional powder
- It is best to add the juice bit by bit, so you can get the banana smoothie to a consistency you enjoy.
With two ingredients and two minutes, you can make this nutritional banana smoothie. It is full of potassium and vitamin C to help you feel healthy and energized throughout the day.
Skip the energy drinks, and start your morning off on the right foot with this super easy smoothie recipe. This is definitely a no excuse kind of smoothie. Enjoy it on the go to work, or for a midday snack, and feel all its awesome benefits.
Just because a smoothie is simple to make, does not mean it has to skip out on flavor and nutrients.
If you want some other simple smoothie recipes in your back pocket, try this blueberry smoothie. It’s full of all the antioxidants you could possibly want.