A healthy, delicious smoothie doesn’t need a ton of ingredients. With only 3 ingredients you can make this flavorful, but nutrient-packed avocado smoothie.
Before you make any strange faces, avocado is a fruit and is consumed as one in many countries. The avocado brings a lovely creamy texture with a subtle sweet-savory flavor.
Combining it with banana makes the 3-ingredient smoothie sweet, without being overwhelming. I don’t feel it needs extra sugar, but you can add some if you want.
Instead of having a sugary bowl of cereal, take 5 minutes out of your day. With 5 minutes and 3 ingredients, you can make this delightful avocado green smoothie.
It is a great way to start the morning, or as a post-workout treat. It is super healthy, so there is no need to feel any guilt with this smoothie!
How To Make This Nutritious Avocado Green Smoothie
Similar to my other smoothie recipes, it is pretty simple to make. All you need to do is add everything into a blender, and blend!
Yet, there are some ways to make sure you get the smoothest and tastiest avocado green smoothie.
- Make sure to use a ripe avocado. If your avocado is not ripe enough, you may get chewy chunks of avocado in your smoothie.
- If your banana’s frozen whole, try to break it apart a bit for a quicker blend, and a smoother end result.
- Add the milk bit by bit to reach the consistency that works perfectly for you.
The Best Avocado Smoothie Recipe Ever
This creamy 3-ingredient avocado smoothie is perfect for breakfast, snack, or post-workout meal! It's full of fiber, healthy fat, and vitamins to keep your boy healthy.
- 1 ripe avocado (sliced or cubed)
- 2 frozen bananas (sliced or cubed)
- 14 oz milk of choice
- Cut up the avocado. If your banana's frozen whole, try to break it apart a bit for a quicker blend, and a smoother end result.
- Combine ingredients in a blender, blend until smooth. Pulse a bit first, then blend - it’s easier on the blender if you pulse a bit first.
- Add more milk if you want it thinner.
- Pour in a glass, and enjoy!
The Bottom Line
Avocado is an underrated smoothie addition in my opinion. It has a subtle flavor but brings out the flavors of the other drink’s ingredients. Most importantly it brings so much creaminess. It may be a smoothie, but it tastes more like ice cream!
This 3-ingredient avocado green smoothie is rich, flavorful, sweet, and healthy. It feels like a guilty pleasure but is actually full of healthy fats and nutrients. Try this smoothie and learn to love and embrace the avocado as the delicious fruit it is!
If you enjoyed this recipe, and want to try some of my other recipes with bananas, try this strawberry banana smoothie. Enjoy!